The Terre Haute Children's Museum is seeking to fill the position of Executive Director
Enriching Children’s Lives Through Science, Technology and Fun
Does leading an organization that makes a lasting impact on our youth and helps develop our workforce for tomorrow leverage your passion and experience? Do you desire to lead a team and Board of Directors that’s committed to delivering a thriving Children’s Museum that’s filled with fun, laughter and exploration located in the heart of downtown Terre Haute, IN? If you answered yes, come join the fun!
Since its beginning in 1988, the Terre Haute Children’s Museum has more than doubled in size and has educated more than 230,000 children and adults from 22 counties in Indiana and Illinois. The museum has received funding from the National Science Foundation and participates in a national consortium of 14 science and technology museums. Members enjoy over 20 permanent exhibits, several rotating exhibits, the new and exciting Ropes Course, and access to more than 280 other museums across the nation as part of the ASTC Passport program.
In your role as Executive Director, you will:
- Work with the board, staff, patrons, volunteers and sponsors to provide strategic vision and long-range planning.
- Prepare annual budgets, work plans, and monthly reports to the board of directors.
- Manage effective annual fundraising strategies, including grants, events, and major donor cultivation.
- Oversee the development and implementation of marketing and public relations strategies.
- Positively represent THCM and build strong relationships within the community, including partner organizations, businesses, donors, teachers, school administrators, patrons, and media.
- Manage hiring, training, scheduling, evaluation, and development and career-pathing of staff.
- Oversee maintenance of facilities, including exhibits, buildings, and grounds.
- Work with staff to provide visionary programs and events consistent with the Museum’s mission, including camps, birthday parties, classes, community events, field trips, venue rental, and special events.
- Work with staff to research, create, and curate innovative exhibits and programs.
- Work closely with staff to create a positive and collaborate environment.
- Ensure the Center is in compliance with all regulations, laws, and local ordinances in the daily operation of the museum and its special events.
- Ensure proper compliance with all policies and procedures.
To be successful in this role, you will bring these required skills & qualifications:
- Bachelors or master’s degree in business, public administration, non-profit management, or related field.
- A track record of successful operations, including fundraising, grant writing, team building, and program administration – ideally in a nonprofit or educational environment.
- The ability to lead and work as part of a team, managing budgets, day-to-day operations, staff, volunteers, and working with the board of directors.
- Experience with managing and reporting budgets and large-scale projects.
- Excellent public relations skills and ability to communicate with diverse audiences at all levels of public and private sectors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion for hands-on science education.
- Excellent time-management skills and attention to detail.
- Willing to work on weekends, evenings, and holidays, when needed.
Our mission is to enrich children's lives through the exploration of science and technology to help with their overall growth and development. We strive to create a fun, dynamic science and technology learning environment of the highest quality, which serves as a point of community pride. If you bring the passion and experience to further advance this mission, apply today!
Submit resumes to email@example.com