The Museum Academy is a learning pod program in which students will receive in-person support from museum education staff, while also interacting, safely, with a small group of children. The pods would be available to families in the Wabash Valley who are enrolled in a Vigo County school and are receiving remote education from licensed staff of their school.
The philosophy of the Museum Academy is to focus, facilitate and foster:
Focus learning efforts to keep children on task in a structured environment.
Facilitate remote learning through technological and supplementary educational support.
Foster a sense of confidence, relationships, engagement, and community through learning connections.
The Learning Pod + Extended Day
- Monday - Friday; 8:00 am - 5:30 pm (Drop off starting at 7:45)
- Led by Museum's Education Team member
- Maximum of 10 students per pod
- Focus on finishing remote learning schoolwork
- STEM enrichment activities
- Organize walks around the downtown area
- Pod access to Museum exhibits
- Extended care for working parents