Open January 20 (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day) and February 17 (Presidents' Day)
Museum Open 9 - 5
Ropes Open 9:30 - 3:30
2019-20 School Year Hours
NEWS RELEASE - August 15, 2019 Terre Haute Children's Museum 727 Wabash Ave. Terre Haute, IN 47807 www.thchildrensmuseum.com 812-235-5548 Children's Museum Announces School Year Hours With school back in session, the Terre Haute Children's Museum announces its hours for the 2019-20 school year. The Museum will continue opening at 9 a.m. Tuesday through Saturday and 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday. "Our guests have really enjoyed being able to access the Museum earlier in the day," Jamie McDowell, Director of Operations, said. "For many young families this fall, getting an older child off to school then bringing the younger sibling straight to the Museum shortly thereafter without waiting until 10 a.m. can be very helpful. The 2019-20 School Year operation schedule is as follows: Mondays: Museum Closed Tuesdays: Museum Open 9 am to 5 pm, Ropes Closed Wednesdays: Museum Open 9 am to 5 pm, Ropes Closed Thursdays: Museum Open 9 am to 5 pm, Ropes Closed Fridays: Museum Open 9 am to 5 pm, Ropes Open 9:30 am to 3:30 pm Saturdays: Museum Open 9 am to 5 pm, Ropes Open 9:30 am to 3:30 pm Sundays: Museum Open 12 pm to 5 pm, Ropes Open 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm The Museum will have special hours on Columbus Day, Veterans Day, the day after Thanksgiving, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and Presidents' Day as well as Mondays, December 23 and 30 during holiday break. The Museum will also partner with Downtown Terre Haute First Fridays and stay open until 8 p.m. School Year hours run August 19 through May 31, 2020.
- Groups of 15 or more can come at any time for a discounted admission of $6.50 per person, if tickets are purchased in one transaction. Simply get your group together and visit the Admissions Desk. No reservation required.
- Field Trips are for groups of 15 or more are scheduled Tuesday - Friday in two-hour time blocks between 9 am - 4 pm. Field Trips must contact the Museum in advance and make arrangements in order to receive a discounted rate of $6 per person. For Contact Tess Jacks at firstname.lastname@example.org or (812) 235-5548 to schedule a field trip. For more information about field trips, please click here.
- The Terre Haute Children's Museum is a member of the Access Pass program. Click here to see if you qualify.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- An adult must accompany children under 16 years of age.
- You must be 18 years or older to accompany a child into the museum.
- Parents/ Caregivers are responsible for their children's behavior.
Free, two-hour parking is available on many of the city streets surrounding the Museum. In addition, there is a public parking garage located one block north of the Museum at 8th and Cherry Streets. Parking garage fees are $1 per hour with a maximum fee of $6 per day.
727 Wabash Ave.
Terre Haute, IN 47807
We are located directly beside the Candlewood Suites and across the street from the Hilton Garden Inn.