Summer 2019 Hours
NEWS RELEASE - May 13, 2019 Terre Haute Children's Museum 727 Wabash Ave. Terre Haute, IN 47807 www.thchildrensmuseum.com 812-235-5548 Children's Museum Announces Summer Hours With longer days and seasonal changes in visitation patterns, the Terre Haute Children's Museum will shift operating hours for the summer months. The Museum will open earlier at 9 a.m. and close earlier at 5 p.m. from Tuesday through Saturday. The Sunday hours will remain 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. The Museum will celebrate Downtown First Fridays with extended hours until 8 p.m. on June 7, July 5 and August 2. "We've been listening to our guests and they have been requesting modified Museum hours for some time. We are excited to offer new hours for our guests this summer. It is our hope that families, summer camps and other organizations take advantage of our earlier hours," Susan Turner, Executive Director, said. The summer operation schedule is as follows: Mondays: Museum Closed Tuesdays: Museum Open 9 am to 5 pm, Ropes Open 9:30 am to 3:30 pm Wednesdays: Museum Open 9 am to 5 pm, Ropes Open 9:30 am to 3:30 pm Thursdays: Museum Open 9 am to 5 pm, Ropes Open 9:30 am to 3:30 pm Fridays: Museum Open 9 am to 5 pm, Ropes Open 9:30 am to 3:30 pm Saturdays: Museum Open 9 am to 5 pm, Ropes Open 9:30 am to 3:30 pm Sundays: Museum Open 12 pm to 5 pm, Ropes Open 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm The Museum will be closed July 4 for Independence Day and August 18 for a private event. Summer hours run June 1 through August 18.
School Year Hours
- Groups of 15 or more can come at any time for a discounted admission of $6 per person, if tickets are purchased in one transaction. Simply get your group together and visit the Admissions Desk. No reservation required.
- Field Trips are for groups of 15 or more are scheduled Tuesday - Friday in two-hour time blocks between 9 am - 4 pm. Field Trips must contact the Museum in advance and make arrangements in order to receive a discounted rate of $5 per person. For Contact Tess Jacks at email@example.com or (812) 235-5548 to schedule a field trip. For more information about field trips, please click here.
- The Terre Haute Children's Museum is a member of the Access Pass program. Click here to see if you qualify.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- An adult must accompany children under 16 years of age.
- You must be 18 years or older to accompany a child into the museum.
- Parents/ Caregivers are responsible for their children's behavior.
Free, two-hour parking is available on many of the city streets surrounding the Museum. In addition, there is a public parking garage located one block north of the Museum at 8th and Cherry Streets. Parking garage fees are $1 per hour with a maximum fee of $6 per day.
727 Wabash Ave.
Terre Haute, IN 47807
We are located directly beside the Candlewood Suites and across the street from the Hilton Garden Inn.